Maintenance tips for your KM Zadels saddle
It is important to properly maintain your saddle for longer life. Sweat and dirt attack the leather, for a good care we have some tips:
- Brush off dirt and dust. Use a soft brush, for example a shoe polisher brush.
- Remove the rest of the dirt with a damp cloth.
- Let the saddle dry, give the leather the chance to absorb the moisture.
- Treat the saddle with leather balm.
- Never let the saddle dry in bright sunlight.
- Do not use saddle supports that support the saddle cushions. These deform the cushions.
- For the maintenance of the saddle we advise you to step up with a step.
- Make sure that the girths are not turned.
- Always remove the girth from the saddle when you are hanging your saddle away. As a result, the girths will not wear as quickly.
- Never let your deck dry under your saddle. As a result, the wool in the cushions becomes moist and lumps form faster.